Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dali's Teatro Museo Figueras Inauguration Lithograph Poster (1974).

Dali's Teatro Museo Figueras
Inauguration Lithograph Poster (1974).

The search is on!  It appears that there were at least 20 different designs used to produce the lithograph posters for the Teatro Museo Figueras inauguration in September, 1974.  I now have two of them in my collection.

The first features an image from the Twelve Tribes of Israel print suite (Field catalog #72-6, pp. 78-79) titled "Issachar" (Isacar). 

The colors on the large lithographic image are vivid, and frame the piece nicely.  An attractive poster to add to your collection.

Field notes that there were 3000 of these posters produced for the inauguration of the Teatre-Museu Dali de Figueras, making this poster relatively common. 

You can expect to pay about $25 for this poster on the low end.

This next poster features an image from the After 50 Years of Surrealism print suite (Field catalog #74-8, pp. 94-95) titled "Le Grand Inquisiteur chasse le serviteur" (The Grand Inquisitor expels the Savior).

The colors on the large lithographic image are more subdued than the one above, but it is still a captivating image.

Field notes that there were 300 of these posters produced for Teatro-Museu in Figueras, making this poster far more rare than the one above.

You can expect to pay about $45 for this poster.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are more rare than you think. I currently have 11 of these original lithographs (merlot 1974), and I have not came across too many over the last 8 years since I purchased mine by accident from an antique dealer in Ireland (who bought them in Paris).

It's about time I had them framed. I actually thought that there were only 12 in the collection.

Anyway, a nice little Dali item to have, and something that will become very rare in the future.

mark

topher8 said...

Hello,

When I moved into my home 15 years ago, I found three of these posters in the house. They are all frames and in great shape. I was wondering how much they would be worth and where they could be sold.